We can lose God’s war against satan and evil by default! (Default is defined as: failure to act, inaction, or neglect.) Let us join together and intercede for ourselves and for our nation.
Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil and He has commissioned us to finish His work. 1JO 3:8. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
He gave us the power through prayer to change things: MAT 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you.” 1JO 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.
Through the presence of Christ and the Father within us, we can establish His righteousness, goodness, and love on earth as it is in heaven. As God’s children we have an obligation to carry on Christ’s work of reconciliation. We are living in momentous times and satan is stirred up. This is satan’s last chance to separate and destroy God’s children from the Body of Christ before the appearing of Christ in the air. 1TH 4:17-18 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.
There are so many things going on in the world that affect us all. Most world situations are deadly and show satan’s fingerprints. 1PE 5:8-9 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. God has promised to lift up a standard against satan, and we must pray God’s flag of victory be unfurled over all the works and destructions of satan in our nation and the whole world. ISA 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun; when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD will lift up a standard against him.
On Monday night I was praying for our Tuesday prayer meeting, asking the Lord how our praying could be the most powerful and effective against satan’s work and planning. My heart was heavy with the feeling of impending disaster in many areas of the world. How can we pray to win over satan when his battle front covers the earth? To help solve the gigantic problems facing us, I asked the Lord how to pray. During the night He said, “PRAY FOR MY DELIVERANCE FROM ALL EVIL AND ASK FOR MY MERCY.” JAM 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
God commanded us to pray! MAT 6:9-10 “In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” MAT 6:13 “And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.”
As I studied on Tuesday morning, God began to lead me to the Psalms that cried for God’s deliverance. I have printed these Psalms and discovered that our foes of today are much the same as in the days of the Psalmists. Satan has not changed his tactics. JOH 8:44 “You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”
Perhaps you would like to join us in prayer for deliverance from our enemies and for God’s mercies and blessings upon us, the nation, and the world:
1. DELIVER US, OH GOD, FROM OUR STRONG ENEMIES! PSA 44:4-8 You are my King, O God; Command victories for Jacob. Through You we will push down our enemies; Through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us. For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me. But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us. In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever. PSA 44:23-26 Awake! Why do You sleep, O Lord? Arise! Do not cast us off forever. Why do You hide Your face, and forget our affliction and our oppression? For our soul is bowed down to the dust; our body clings to the ground. Arise for our help, And redeem us for Your mercies’ sake.
2. DELIVER US FROM THE MANY PERILS THAT SURROUND US. SATAN IS DESTROYING THE WORLD AND ITS PEOPLE, BUT WE ARE THINE AND SEEK YOUR MERCY AND DELIVERANCE. PSA 57:1-5 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, Until these calamities have passed by. I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs all things for me. He shall send from heaven and save me; He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. God shall send forth His mercy and His truth. My soul is among lions; I lie among the sons of men who are set on fire, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; Let Your glory be above all the earth. PSA 57:7-11 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise. Awake, my glory! Awake, lute and harp! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing to You among the nations. For Your mercy reaches unto the heavens, and Your truth unto the clouds. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth.
3. DELIVER US FROM SATAN AND OUR MANY ENEMIES! PSA 59:1-17 Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; defend me from those who rise up against me. Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloodthirsty men. For look, they lie in wait for my life; the mighty gather against me, not for my transgression or for my sin, O LORD. They run and prepare themselves through no fault of mine. Awake to help me, and behold! You therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to punish all the nations; do not be merciful to any wicked transgressors. At evening they return, they growl like a dog, and go all around the city. Indeed, they belch out with their mouth; swords are in their lips; for they say, “Who hears?” But You, O LORD, shall laugh at them; You shall have all the nations in derision. O You his Strength, I will wait for You. For God is my defense; my merciful God shall come to meet me; God shall let me see my desire on my enemies. Do not slay them, lest my people forget; scatter them by Your power, and bring them down, O Lord our shield. For the sin of their mouths and the words of their lips, let them even be taken in their pride, and for the cursing and lying which they speak. Consume them in wrath, consume them that they may not be; and let them know that God rules in Jacob to the ends of the earth. And at evening they return, they growl like a dog, and go all around the city. They wander up and down for food, and howl if they are not satisfied. But I will sing of Your power; yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; for You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble. To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; for God is my defense, the God of my mercy.
4. DELIVER OUR NATION, OH GOD AND COME AND RULE OVER US! PSA 60:1-5: O God, You have cast us off; You have broken us down; You have been displeased; Oh, restore us again! You have made the earth tremble; You have broken it; Heal its breaches, for it is shaking. You have shown Your people hard things; You have made us drink the wine of confusion. You have given a banner to those who fear You, that it may be displayed because of the truth. That Your beloved may be delivered, save with Your right hand, and hear me. PSA 60:9-12 Who will bring me into the strong city? Who will lead me to Edom? Is it not You, O God, who cast us off? And You, O God, who did not go out with our armies? Give us help from trouble, for vain is the help of man. Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies.
5. WE ARE OVERWHELMED BY OUR ENEMIES, SAVE US, OH LORD! PSA 61:1-8 Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. For You, O God, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name. You will prolong the king’s life, his years as many generations. He shall abide before God forever. Oh, prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him! So I will sing praise to Your name forever, that I may daily perform my vows.
6. WE SEEK DIVINE PROTECTION FOR OUR NATION AND THE WORLD AGAINST THE PRINCIPALITIES, POWERS, AND SATAN! THEY SEEK TO DESTROY ALL THAT IS GOOD! PSA 64:1-10 Hear my voice, O God, in my meditation; Preserve my life from fear of the enemy. Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked, From the insurrection of the workers of iniquity, who sharpen their tongue like a sword, And bend their bows to shoot their arrows — bitter words, that they may shoot in secret at the blameless; Suddenly they shoot at him and do not fear. They encourage themselves in an evil matter; They talk of laying snares secretly; they say, “Who will see them?” They devise iniquities: “We have perfected a shrewd scheme.” Both the inward thought and the heart of man are deep. But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly they shall be wounded. So He will make them stumble over their own tongue; all who see them shall flee away. All men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider His doing. The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and trust in Him. And the entire upright in heart shall glory.
7. DRAW NEAR TO US OH, LORD, GIVE US THE KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR PERFECT WILL, AND GIVE US POWER TO CARRY IT OUT! PSA 69:1-3 Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing; I have come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. I am weary with my crying; my throat is dry; my eyes fail while I wait for my God. PSA 69:13-18 But as for me, my prayer is to You, O LORD, in the acceptable time; O God, in the multitude of Your mercy, hear me in the truth of Your salvation. Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink; let me be delivered from those who hate me, and out of the deep waters. Let not the floodwater overflow me, or let the deep swallow me up; and let not the pit shut its mouth on me. Hear me, O LORD, for Your loving kindness is good; turn to me according to the multitude of Your tender mercies. And do not hide Your face from Your servant, for I am in trouble; Hear me speedily. Draw near to my soul, and redeem it; deliver me because of my enemies.
I pray that you find comfort in prayer and in the words of the Psalmists. Our God will fight for us and bring righteousness so that our nation may again be exalted. PRO 14:34 Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.
In Christ’s love and holy name,