I want to give you “the key” to walking and talking with God and to having an abundant life for now and eternity. This key opens the door to knowing and experiencing God as “your way and your truth” and as your Savior and Lord. It is the only key to a blessed and eternal life!
- We must choose to serve God, and then we must ask Him to come into our hearts and rule our lives. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven” (Matthew 7:21).
- We must ask Christ to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We must dedicate ourselves to Christ and His kingdom and ask Him to dwell in our heart and spirit.
- “Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them. Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven” (Matthew 7:19-21).
- “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened” (Mathew 7:7-8).
By asking Christ to rule our heart and spirit, He comes and lives within us. He additionally sends His Holy Spirit to seal us for God.
Who also has sealed us and given us the spirit in our hearts as a deposit” (2 Corinthians 1:22). “In Him (Christ) you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory (Ephesians 1:13-14).
We are literally “born again” with a new heart and desires. Because of the indwelling Christ, we bear His fruit as we abide in the “Vine,” Christ Jesus. It is a matter of growing in Him and being like Him. He is the vine, and we are the branches. We are fed the love and nature of God through Christ’s indwelling spirit. All he purposes for us, we can receive through dwelling in His vine. The wisdom and purposes are received daily as we abide in Him. As we acknowledge him, He acknowledges us as His child and directs our path. The favor of God rests upon us as we “draw” from His Divine spirit within us.
Jesus answered and said to him, ‘most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.’ Jesus answered, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water (Word of God) and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again’ (John 3:3-7).
He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true. For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand. He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him (John 3:33-36).
God has made a covenant with each of His children that is immutable and can never return void! “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28).
HIS IS A COVENANT OF GOD FOR ALL HIS CHILDREN. IF WE RECEIVE WHAT HE GIVES AND OBEY HIM, WE ARE BLESSED FOREVER. Blessings for Obedience (Givenat Gerizim):*
1. “Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth.
2. “And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God:
3. “Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.
4. “Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.
5.”Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
6. “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
7. “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.
8. “The Lord will commandthe blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
9. “The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways.
10. “Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they shall be afraid of you.
11. “And the Lord will grant you plenty of goods, in the fruit of your body, in the increase of your livestock, and in the produce of your ground, in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give you.
12. “The Lord will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.
13. “And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them.
14 “So you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right hand or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.
Dearest Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus Christ. I accept Jesus as My Lord and Savior. I dedicate my life to You and Your kingdom. Wash me and cleanse me. Send Your Holy Spirit and seal me unto Yourself and Your kingdom. I will acknowledge You in all my ways and I will look to You for Your “will and purposes” for my life. Teach me how to live my life to bring You glory. I will arise with Your name on my lips and dedicate my days to You. Teach me how to live Your abundant life. Give me Your favor As I live in obedience to Your Spirit that dwells within me. I confess that “I am not my own, I belong to Christ my Savior and to God My Father eternally.” Thank you for all of my blessings and for your great eternal love. Amen.